Green Mung Beans are loaded with nutritional health benefits. By eating Green Mung Beans, you get high protein, low calorie food that is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Green Mung Bean Nutritional Information
- High in Protein
- High in Fiber
- Low in Fat
- Low in Calories
Nutritional Facts: 1 oz (28 grams) of dried Green Mung Beans:
- 100 Calories
- 0g Fat
- 5g Fiber
- 7g Protein (Protein equivalent to 1 hardboiled egg or 1 oz of chicken, turkey, salmon, etc.)
Benefits of Green Mung Beans are Nutritional Powerhouses
- Good source of protein
- Good source of dietary fiber (helps to lower cholesterol, prevents constipation and keeps you feeling full)
- Low in sodium
- Low in cholesterol
- Vitamins: A, B Vitamins (Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid) Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin K.
- Minerals: Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
- Sprouted Green Mung Beans produce live enzymes
- Mung Beans are low on the glycemic index at 25 and have a low glycemic load of 4 making them a smart food choice for diabetics. Diabetics can safely eat Green Mung Beans. The low glycemic index, fiber and protein help to regulate blood sugar.
- They also contain skin anti-aging properties that stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin, all essential to younger healthier skin.
Eating Green Mung Beans is Ideal for those with Digestive Issues and Sensitive Stomachs
Green Mung Beans Are:
- Easily digestible
- Anti-inflammatory (can reduce inflammation)
- Containing oligosaccharides to prevent gas and bloating, unlike other beans
- Containing high amounts of fiber, thereby preventing constipation
- One of the few tridoshic foods in Ayurvedic diets that can be eaten to balance all three dosha’s (energetic forces) in the body
Green Mung Beans Exhibit Powerful Antioxidant Properties that can Help Fight Disease as well as Protect the Body.
Consuming Green Mung Beans Have Been Studied to Treat the Following Medical Conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Celiac Disease/Gluten Free Diets
Green Mung Beans Contain Phytoestrogens Contributing to Anti-Aging Benefits
Benefits of Phytoestrogens:
- Produce Collagen, Elastin, and Hyaluronic acid, All Three of which are Essential to Acquiring Younger and Healthier skin
- Can Regulate Hormones after Menopause, Relieve Hot Flashes, and Prevent Osteoporosis
Green Mung Beans are for the NEW Flexitarian Diets
EVERYONE should be eating Green Mung Beans! If you’re reading this webpage, chances are you’re already eating lots of fresh green vegetables, colorful fruits, healthy grains, and good proteins on a daily basis.
If you desire to learn more about plant-based proteins, then you’ve come to the right place. Diets that rely on plant-based proteins, such as eating Green Mung Beans, are recognized by doctors and nutritionists to be extremely healthy.
Eating Green Mung Beans are ideal for vegan, vegetarian, and flexitarian diets. We promote following a flexitarian diet – primarily a plant-based and vegetarian diet. Flexitarians may eat animal proteins and/or seafood on occasion or when medically recommended. Being vegan or vegetarian one hundred percent of the time can be challenging. As a general life rule, we believe it is beneficial for our overall well-being to be flexible in our diets as well as in our daily living.
Make sure to get our free downloadable E-Green Mung Beans Recipe Book to find Green Mung Bean Recipes to meet your particular eating lifestyle.