This salad features sprouted beans, avocado, crunchy carrots, radishes, and peaches! The addition of a peach vinaigrette + diced peaches takes the freshness of this salad to level 100.
- 1/2 cup (100g) raw mung beans
- 1 cup (30g) packed baby spinach (or other greens)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 peach (or two flat peaches), diced
- 3–4 radishes, sliced
- optional add-ins: sautéed tofu, tempeh, red cabbage, nuts
- 1 large peach (or two flat peaches)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sriracha (optional)
- Place the mung beans in a large jar or bowl and let it soak overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Make sure there is enough room as the beans will double in size.
- The next day, rinse the mung beans and place them in a jar. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours. After about one day you should see small “tails”. You can now use them or let them sprout for one more day.
- To make the salad: to a large mixing bowl, add the sprouted mung beans, baby spinach, diced avocado, carrots, peach, and radishes.
- Prepare the peach vinaigrette by blending together the peach (pitted and peeled), olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and salt. You can use a blender or a small food processor.
- Pour the vinaigrette into the bowl and toss to combine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.