I love stir-fry so much! The magic of stir-fries is that they are so versatile!
You can make them with tofu, tempeh, seitan… And you can add any Asian vegetables suitable for stir-fry, such as bok choy, pak choi, choy sum, snap peas, green beans, sprouts, corn, capsicum… But have you ever tried to ad BEANS?? MUNG BEANS??
As you can guess, this stir-fry has all the delicious Asian vegetables plus fabulous mung beans! And that all mixed with amazing slightly sour sauce!
If you don’t know mung beans, they are little green legumes packed with many nutrients. They contain antioxidants which are very beneficial for our health. How? Because the level of antioxidants is so high in mung beans, they may decrease the risk of chronic disease.
Above of it, mung beans contain iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, folate, vitamin B1, copper, zinc, and others. Mung beans can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, particularly those related to high cholesterol levels.
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy (about 3 pieces) cut in small pieces
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bunch broccolini cut in smal pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup mung beans
- 2 tbsp tamari or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriraca sauce or garlic chilli sauce optional
- sesame seeds
- 1 pack rice noodles
- Cook the mungo beans first. Add mung beans to a saucepan with 1-1/2 cup water and boil for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain any remaining water and set aside.
- Meanwhile mung beans are cooking start preparing stir-fry. In a frying pan heat up olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Sauteé for 2 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients to make stir-fry and cook for another 10 minutes over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare sauce for stir-fry. Mix all the ingredients and add cooked mung beans. Add the sauce to stir-fry and mix everything with a big wooden spoon.
- If you serve stir-fry with rice noodles, cook noodles according to package instructions. Divide into bowls and mix with your mung beans stir-fry.