This Turmeric Chickpea Buddha Bowl is the ultimate, healthy bowl meal! It’s loaded with nutrient-dense superfoods and drizzled with a creamy, lemon-tahini dressing. Everyone needs a Buddha bowl in their meal prep rotation. Come and get this!
Buddha bowls can have any number of raw and/or prepared vegetables or fruits, and various toppings.
Ingredients can include:
- leafy greens such as kale or spinach
- microgreens or sprouts
- beans and legumes like chickpeas, black beans, or lentils
- plant based proteins like tofu, tempe, or seitan
- cooked grains such as quinoa or rice
- raw or roasted vegetables and fruit
- nuts and seeds
- topping such as a dressing, dip, or spread
As you can imagine, the combos are endless. The goal is create a balanced selection of nutrient-dense ingredients with compatible flavors and textures that fill you up, and make you feel awesome!
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Beet (diced)
- 1 Sweet Potato (diced)
- 4 cups Kale (massaged with a little Olive Oil until tender)
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 2 Blood Oranges (peel removed, sliced)
- 1 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1 cup Sprouts or Microgreens
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Water
- pinch Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Water (to adjust consistency)
- 1 15oz can reduced sodium Chickpeas (rinsed, drained, paper towel dried)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- pinch Cayenne
Heat oven to 400°; toss BEETS and SWEET POTATO in OLIVE OIL; place on baking sheet; bake 15 minutes, or until tender; set aside to cool.
Prepare each ingrdient (KALE, QUINOA, BLOOD ORANGE, POMEGRANATE, AVOCADO, SPROUTS, and WALNUTS); store separately until ready to use.
In a small bowl, whisk together TAHINI, LEMON JUICE, WATER, AND LEMON ZEST until combined; if needed, adjust consistency by adding more tahini or water.
In a small bowl, toss together CHICKPEAS, OLIVE OIL, TURMERIC, PAPRIKA, and CAYENNE until combined.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add CHICKPEAS and saute 3-5 min until fragrant and warmed through, stirring as needed; allow to cool.
Evenly divide ALL ingredients across 4 bowls and drizzle with lemon tahini dressing; serve immediately or store in airtight containers and refrigerate up to two days.